March 2017 – Consider other tax efficient investments
2 March 2017
If you are looking for investment opportunities, have you considered the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS)?
These investments in certain qualifying companies allow you to set off 30% of the amount invested against your tax bill as well as capital gains tax (CGT) deferral.
An even more generous tax break is available for investment in a qualifying Seed EIS company where income tax relief at 50 per cent is available.
In addition, it is possible to obtain relief against your 2016/17 capital gains. Both EIS and Seed EIS also provide a CGT exemption when the shares themselves are sold after 3 years.
Note however that qualifying EIS and Seed EIS companies tend to be risky investments so professional advice should be taken. A 30% income tax break is also available by investing in a Venture Capital Trust.
- Tax Free Christmas Parties! - 1 November 2018
- Budget 2018 – Is austerity finally coming to an end? - 30 October 2018
- Autumn Budget 2017 - 23 November 2017
- Insider – September 2017 - 25 September 2017
- September 2017 – Changing your company car? What about a hybrid next? - 11 September 2017