March 2017 – Don’t lose your personal allowance!
2 March 2017
For every £2 that your adjusted net income exceeds £100,000, the £11,000 personal allowance is reduced by £1. Pension contributions and Gift Aid can help to reduce adjusted net income and save tax at an effective rate of 60%.
The restriction applies between £100,000 and £122,000 adjusted net income. Another way that you could avoid this trap would be to agree with your employer to sacrifice some of your salary in exchange for a tax free benefit in kind. These rules are changing from 6 April 2017 but employer pension contributions and childcare vouchers will continue to be effective.
So if your income is above £100,000 please get in touch by clicking here or calling us on 01206 266692.
- Tax Free Christmas Parties! - 1 November 2018
- Budget 2018 – Is austerity finally coming to an end? - 30 October 2018
- Autumn Budget 2017 - 23 November 2017
- Insider – September 2017 - 25 September 2017
- September 2017 – Changing your company car? What about a hybrid next? - 11 September 2017